VR August 23-29, 2021: Semper Gumby Run
Virtual Run by Marine Parents
- About Virtual Runs for MarineParents.com
- January 22-24, 2021: Let's Roll Hero Run
- February 12-14, 2021: Honor Veteran Patients
- March 19-21, 2021: Rosie the Riveter Run
- April 16-18, 2021: Military Child Run
- May 15-31, 2021: Military Appreciation Run
- June 25-27, 2021: PTSD Awareness Run
- July 23-25, 2021: Dale Larson's Challenge
- August 23-29, 2021: Semper Gumby Run
- September 25-27, 2021: Gold Star Honor Run
- November 11-15, 2021: Honor Veterans
- December 4-6, 2021: Wrap It Up Run
- Previous Year's Virtual Runs
Virtual Run: Semper Gumby Run
Our August run is to bring the motto SEMPER GUMBY into your life! This is our way of bringing awareness to being "Always Flexible" in order to get through the challenges of life! Please join us by getting out for a run and wearing a bib that says "Semper Gumby." Participate virtually with other military and Veteran supporters and Veterans around the globe.
YOU choose the fitness activity and distance, whether biking, running, walking, or your favorite exercise equipment! Start slowly; add distance for each consecutive virtual run. For a “virtual run” there is no travel involved; you’ll complete your activity in your own community, your local gym, or even your own backyard.
To learn more about Semper Gumby, click here.
Dates of the Virtual Run
Dates are August 23-29, 2021. Participants need to complete their run by August 29, 2021.
Registration is open now through the last day of the run, August 29, 2021. Registration fees are non-refundable.
The finisher's medal will be shipped to you approximately 2-3 business days from the date you register for the run. To ensure you have your medal for your race finish, register early!
$35 Registration Includes
- Electronic Bib Download
- Virtual Run Finisher's Medal
- Placement on Finishes and Photos Page
During registration, you can purchase the optional Virtual Run T-shirt for an additional charge.
Optional Virtual Run T-Shirt
Post-Run Finishes & Photos
You will receive an email 2-3 days before the event start date with instructions for submitting your photo, distance, and finish time. Submissions to the Photos & Finishes page must be complete within two weeks of the run's last day.
Social Media Profile Images
Share the Cause! If you participate in social media, we encourage you to share this page with your followers. A few days before the race, change your profile image to share that you are a runner in the event. Ask folks to join the Fan Squad to support you during your run by changing their profile image to the "Fan Squad."
To use these images, download by right-clicking with a mouse, or typically a long press on a smartphone or device.